Current Legislative Issues
State of Illinois:
Governor Quinn is calling for a massive $2.7 billion cut in Medicaid spending, which would greatly undermine hospitals and their ability to serve the patients and communities. At the same time, not-for-profit hospitals face the risk of losing their tax-exempt status unless a legislative solution is passed this spring.
That's why your voice is critically important. If you are interested in supporting our hospital and the health care delivery system, you may do so by signing online petitions to oppose drastic Medicaid cuts and to support hospital tax exemption. Go to www.ProtectIllinoisHealthCare.org to sign the two petitions, which will be sent to the General Assembly.
Please pass this along to anyone who may be interested in this cause.
- Thune Amdt. to end TARP
- Confirmation Andre M. Davis, of Maryland, to be U.S. Circuit Judge for the Fourth Circuit
- H.R. 2847 As Amended.; Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
Appropriations Act, 2010
- Conference Report to Accompany H.R. 2647; National Defense
Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010
- Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed to S. 1776; A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for the update under the Medicare physician fee schedule
- Conference Report to Accompany H.R. 2892; Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010
- Conference Report to Accompany H.R. 3183; Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
- H.R. 3435; A bill making supplemental appropriations for fiscal year 2009 for the Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Program.
- Confirmation of Sonia Sotomayor, of New York, to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
- Thune Amendment on Concealed Firearms
- H.R. 1256 As Amended; Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act